Please read below before making a repair request. To make a repair request, click here to log into your account and then click on the button that says “New Maintenance Request” (below the Current Bills listing).
Is this a maintenance emergency?
Examples: Flood, Fire, electrical short, no water at all, Refrigerator not working, no heat in winter.
Keep in mind that an emergency situation is something that is hazardous to health or property and can’t wait until regular office hours. Please call 1-866-780-5739 or 911 (if applicable)
- If you think you smell gas, please contact your gas provider immediately.
- Routine pest control is a tenant’s responsibility unless it is termites or bees, please notify management.
- All other items should be submitted by written work order during regular business hours.
Before completing the maintenance request form, please read the trouble shooting guide provided below. Completing these steps can save you time and money! Tenants may be charged for a service call if the service person determines that the tenant failed to perform routine maintenance task as outlined below or if the damage was caused by tenant:
1. Smoke Detectors won’t work when tested: Press the test button or test with approved smoke detector smoke spray, replace battery.
2. Smoke Detector beeps: replace battery.
3. No power to plugs or switches: Check and reset breaker panel. Check and reset all GFI (Ground Fault Indicator) outlets (located in kitchen, bathrooms, utility rooms, and garages). Check if plug works off a wall switch.
4. Garbage disposal doesn’t work: When on, do you hear a buzz? If you do not hear a buzz, hit the reset button on the bottom of the disposal and test. If you hear a buzz, turn off disposal and unplug from wall. Mounted on the side of the disposal or side of cabinet may be an Allen Wrench. Put the wrench in the center shaft and gently twist back and forth (this un-jams the disposal). Remove the object that is causing the obstruction, turn back on, and test.
5. No hot water: Check and reset breaker in power panel.
6. Plumbing or fixtures leak: Check to make sure valve is turned all the way off. If it is still leaking, turn off water at supply line and notify your property manager immediately.
7. Toilet is plugged: Plunge and test.
8. No heat: Check thermostat. Did you pay your utilities on time or issue an order to disconnect the utility? If propane did you let it run to low or forget to order refill?
9. Dishwasher won’t drain: Clean food out of bottom of dishwasher.
10. Dishwasher grinds or no water is coming in: Turn off, if no water is on the bottom pour two large glasses of water into the bottom and re-start. If problem continues, call your property manager and discontinue use.
11. Refrigerator too warm or too cold: Check if thermostat in refrigerator is set correctly.
12. No Air conditioning: (For refrigerated air only) check all circuit breakers. Clean and replace filter and test. OR (For Swamp Coolers) Report if fan is blowing air or not or report if fan is blowing but the air is warm. Make sure at least one window is slightly open.
13. No electricity: Check all breakers; flip them hard to the OFF position and then hard to the ON position.
14. Sink in bathroom or tubs plugged: Make sure all hair and objects are removed from drain, Use drain cleaning product. If problem continues submit work order
Note: You must have a valid working phone number to complete this request.
This work order will be scheduled within 24 hours. If submitted on a weekend it will be scheduled with the vendor the following Monday. Once the vendor contacts you to make the appointment, it will be your responsibility to return vendors calls and schedule a time to meet. First West properties agents will not make the appointments for you. If you have not heard from a vendor to resolve the issue in 3 days please call the office at 520-458-1666.
If these vendors fail to keep an appointment, do not complete the repair, or do not follow up with another appointment if needed to complete the job, we will not know unless you inform us. If you receive unsatisfactory service, please contact us again soon and let us know that the job was not completed successfully. Thank You.